Hair Extensions have been around forever. By forever I mean Cleopatra herself rocked hair extensions. This isn’t a new thing, and it certainly isn’t something still being experimented with.
Methods have been tried and tested over the years, and talented salons *cough cough* can now offer super natural, comfortable, non-damaging hair extensions. How far the industry has come has not gone unnoticed, with that the demand for hair extensions is at a high. Gone are the days of Britney Spears disaster locks (sorry Brit), we’re all about a natural glam finish! Here we narrow down the top five reasons to get hair extensions.
1. LENGTH Will your hair just not grow by a certain point? We totally understand the frustration of having hair that just won’t seem to grow past a certain length, no matter how good you are to it. If this is an issue you’re experiencing, then hair extensions are the answer to your prayers. An added bonus is that your hair will continue to grow whilst your hair extensions are fitted, clients can sometimes be shocked at how much natural length they have by the time they have their extensions removed.
2. VOLUME If you have suffered from hair thinning over time, we understand it can be a hit to your confidence. We’re here to help you – hair extensions are a great resource for getting back that volume that you once had.
3. COLOUR We can guarantee a perfect colour match in our salons for any shade of dark, brunette, or blonde hair these days. No more worrying about a dodgy colour match or not being able to find a salon that ‘stocks’ your colour. We make the hair from scratch!
4. NO DAMAGE The first question on everyone’s lips when coming to us is ‘will these damage my hair?’. The answer is no. We have expertly trained stylists to fit your hair extensions, and a handy maintenance guide for you to look after them once you leave us. We fit them safely, and comfortably for you to enjoy your new look, and come back to us for an easy removal after 12 weeks!
5. STYLING Ever style your hair amazingly, only for the wind to blow and your perfect curls disappear in the blink of an eye? Well, hair extensions actually hold style very well, and for much longer than natural hair. We’re not talking all day, we’re talking 2-3 days here! Making an extra effort on the day you wash your hair can leave you with flawless locks all the way up until your next wash. Need I say more?
Sarah McKenna is the founder of Vixen & Blush and The London Hair Lab. Sarah graduated as a research biochemist in 2005 and started a career within the pharmaceutical industry, before becoming a hair extensions expert. In 2010, Sarah gained insight into the hair extensions industry and could see that clients had a very poor value/quality proposition. At that time, poor-quality hair extensions were available, at prohibitively high prices. Sarah left her initial career and set out on a mission to improve the hair extensions industry in the UK, using her research and development skills.
Spending 3 years securing a high-quality and sustainable supply of human hair, Sarah then developed new products and fitting techniques to allow long-term refits of the same hair. In this way, Sarah was able to offer hair extensions services at a more affordable price to clients, while improving the quality of the service for her clients.
With Vixen & Blush starting in 2012 as a 1 chair salon in London, Sarah quickly grew the business to what it is today, a team of more than 20 hair professionals working together as London’s leading hair extensions specialists.
Functional Always active
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.