We always advise getting your hair extensions removed by a professional stylist but in this tricky time we want to be there for all of our clients and guide you for safe removals at home.
Key Points for all methods:
- Make sure your hair is freshly washed and dried, as your hair must be dry when removing hair extensions
- Make a note as to where you removed the hair extensions from (the left or right side etc)
- Tie the hair with a band at the top and keep safe if you want to reuse
- Once you have removed your hair extensions, wash your hair. We advise using a clarifying or detox shampoo to help get rid of any excess residue
- When brushing through your hair after the removal you may find that you have some excess shedding, this is very normal. This is just old hair that we would normally lose, you lose up to 100 strands a day naturally. When you have extensions it has nowhere to go so when you remove them the old hair is released.
- If possible get a friend to help with your removal
You can purchase remover, clamps and replacement tapes on the Vixen and Blush website. Click HERE to shop
For more information on maintaining and looking after your hair extensions you can download and read our Maintenance Leaflet
Micro Ring Removal
- Release the ring first, don't worry this may take a few practices but you want to make the ring round for an easy removal
- Hold the ring at the tip, use a clamp to squeeze. This is designed to change the ring from flat to round.
- Use a clamp in an upwards motion and use fingers to release the connection at the top.
- All you need is a comb, clamp and your fingers
- Use the alcohol gel remover and a clamp- both of which you can purchase on our website
- Take them out one by one, keeping the bond wet
- Once the bond is flattened and has turned white thats when you ease it apart with your fingers
- Saturate the connection area with 2 or 3 pumps of our alcohol gel remover, use your fingertips to peel the tape off gently
- Use a comb to brush through any excess
You can purchase the bond & tape remover, hair extension clamps and replacement tapes on our website. You can find links to each product at the bottom of this page.
We are sending all of our parcels via TNT, please allow 2-4 working days to receive your order.
We hope this information is useful but of course we are here to help with any questions you might have. We are actively sharing information on our social channels, to keep updated follow us on instagram @vixenandblush